“The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.”
1. Ya Waladi (cover) by Gene Band
2. Yabki wa Yadhak (cover) by Cheikh Zain Mahmoud
3. Gafsa by Natacha Atlas
4. Om el Donia by Zaman Al Zaatar
5. Taksim sanat 2000 by Omar Khorshid
1. Everyone in the team did there best to portray their role ‘absolutely’ right. We didn’t see Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, we saw Walter White and his transformation to Heisenberg, same with Jesse Pinkman and his inner conflict. But it was surprising to see Charles Baker (Skinny Pete) in this video
2. Who would think that a high-school chemistry teacher such as Walter White break bad to be the famous Heisenberg? The story was consistent and interesting.
3. Do you really want to live in a world without Cocacola? Breaking Bad was about the top moments
4. The story was real, the punches were real, the wives were noisy and so real, if it wasn’t about drugs and gangs, I would think it’s a reality show, well, interesting reality show (not like The Kardashians!)
“Love is something eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence”
— Vincent van Gogh
Nowadays, many Muslims have stopped believing in hard-work, and mastery. Is it enough for Muslims to pray, fast, help the poor, and spend lots of money and great effort to make the pilgrimage to Holy Ka’aba? Believers deviated to a new dogma after the great depression in which three words exist: Heaven, Hell, and Money; in which the Muslim dream exist: Secure yourself and secure your sirat (passage to heaven) because Allah said, “And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” (verse 51) sūrat l-dhāriyāt. Yet he, also, said “And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, “Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority.” They said, “Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?” Allah said, “Indeed, I know that which you do not know.” (verse 30) sūrat l-baqarah. We were created to worship our creator and use the property God gave us to prosper and live on.
I chose 5 examples to show what a Muslim can do in the modern world besides worshiping. Though, it’s not about religion, it’s about living in peace and harmony with each other, cultivate and protect the legacy God has set upon our shoulders as human-beings above anything else.
4. Ali Moustafa Mosharafa (Physicist)
He contributed to the development of the quantum theory as well as the theory of relativity and corresponded with Albert Einstein.
Subscribe to the weekly newsletter here.
A comfortable S shaped seating in the shower? Secret rooms? magnetic walls? and another 28 more brilliant ideas for the perfect home.
No-More-Woof is the newest invention by The Nordic Society for Invention and Discovery. The project raised $15k through the crowdfunding platorm Indiegogo. The concept is pretty simple and current technology is used in a different perspective using frequencies pattern to create short sentences like ‘I’m tired,‘ ‘I’m hungry,‘ ‘I love you‘ but the first version is rudimentary and they are working on possibilities for developing the design.
The launch is in April 2014, This year seems to be fun!
We publish a weekly newsletter wrapping up the best of the week, subscribe here.
Muslim Spoken Word is a series of videos on youtube by Aussie guys talking about Islam in modern world. They try to correct misconceptions, beliefs, and explain things from Koranic perspective.
Briefly, we are bound to certain cognitive reflexes when we receive bad words (rumors) about a certain topic, subject or belief and media was doing an awful job delivering a bad image about Muslims and Arabs. Muslims till this day are suffering from discrimination and abuse in non-Muslim countries, and Muslim countries (i.e Egypt) if they kept the Muslim authentic appearance, such as: beard and long galabia.
If you want to have a better understanding of Islam, you got to read, if you don’t have the time or will to read Koran, articles, watch videos for famous respected Cheikhs and vlogs like this one, you ought not to spread rumors or offense what you don’t understand.
Watch this video
Did you like the video? Subscribe here.